Ask a Pharmacist Expert Forum
Why is my lip swollen?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Ask a Pharmacist Forum are being answered by pharmacists. Topics include: General information on prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, brand drugs, generic equivalents, common uses, drug therapy, drug interactions, possible side effects, travel medications, pill identification and proper disposal of expired, damaged and unusable medications.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Why is my lip swollen?

So yesterday I started having a sore throat. I went to sleep and I woke up at like 3am the sore throat was really annoying me and I had trouble sleeping. I went downstairs to get some advil and the sore throat got better. Next day I wake up in the morning and my bottom lip is swollen!!! I was very surprised. I had no fatigue, no runny nose and no fever. My sore throat is still there but its gotten better.

I know what you're thinking its an ALLERGY. Strange because I haven't had allergies before. The only foods I recall eating yesterday were muffins, a donut, noodles, orange juice and apple cider. The orange juice and apple cider I drank before I went to sleep to try and make my sore throat better. The other reason could be that maybe I slept on my lip or something??? Like I said I had trouble sleeping I was kicking a lot and moving around. Might've been that I was scratching my lip with my teeth or something.

One other thing. I've been getting hives the past month or two. They come and go ITS VERY WEIRD. Like one day I'll feel itching on my leg or somewhere. If I itch it hives will pop up and it will get very itchy. If I don't itch it nothing happens usually. I tend to itch a lot and hives pop up. They disappear after like 1-2 days and they come and go. As of right now I don't have any hives.

So what could this be? Should I go see a doctor or wait until tomorrow and see what happens? I'm also quite busy today so it would be more convenient for me to see a doctor tomorrow.
Sex
:  
Male
Current Medications
:  
Advil