Withdrawal from Risperidone
I have had to suddenly stop Risperidone from 0.5mg due to abnormal movements in upper limbs since 2 days(/Tardive Dyskinesia).My Psychiatrist was anyways stopping my medication after 2 weeks and maintaining me on tegretol.Now I am feeling a bit naesous and edgy.Is it withdrawal symptoms?.What should I do?.
Usually risperidone is gradually tapered to reduce symptoms such as the ones you are feeling--anxious, nausea, and tremor. It is tapered over a two week span to reduce the sudden effects. Since you stopped because of the tardive dyskinesia, the withdrawal symptoms came on suddenly.  If you are unable to tolerate the symptoms (You would feel this way for another week and a half) then you should talk to your psychiatrist about what options you have to help you relieve the symptoms.
My Pdoc and regular doc are not returning my calls.Is there any medication I can take to lessen symptoms of withdrawal reaction?.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.