Ask a Pharmacist Expert Forum
colonoscopy prep

Questions in the Ask a Pharmacist Forum are being answered by pharmacists. Topics include: General information on prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, brand drugs, generic equivalents, common uses, drug therapy, drug interactions, possible side effects, travel medications, pill identification and proper disposal of expired, damaged and unusable medications.

colonoscopy prep
Re: Colonoscopy prep. I have been advised by my doctor to take dulcolax and magnesium citrate. II read on the website of a pediatric GI practice, that grape Magnesium citrate is the  "best" tasting.  Can I use that even though it is grape?

Also, which versiion of Dulcolax should I get, the pharmacy has about 4 different  "kinds".
Thanks,
Yes, you can take the grape flavored magnesium citrate.  I believe the prep is usually done with the Dulcolax tablets, but you may want to double check with your doctor.