femara and liver disease
Hi: My doctors are at odds with each other on the use of Femara. My oncologist is prescribing 2.5 and my Hep C doctor says I should only be taking 1/2 that. Is Femara damaging my liver? Thank-you for your kind attention.Cindy
Femara can cause abnormalities in some liver lab tests, such as elevating liver enzymes that are frequently measured as signs of liver damage.  Also, there have been case reports of elevated bilirubin and hepatitis.  The normal dosage regimen is 2.5mg daily.  With mild to moderate liver impairment, there is no dosage adjustment recommended.  However, with severe liver impairment or cirrhosis, the dosing regimen should be decreased to 2.5mg every other day.