Ask a Pharmacist Expert Forum
ginkgo biloba
About This Forum:

Questions in the Ask a Pharmacist Forum are being answered by pharmacists. Topics include: General information on prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, brand drugs, generic equivalents, common uses, drug therapy, drug interactions, possible side effects, travel medications, pill identification and proper disposal of expired, damaged and unusable medications.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ginkgo biloba

Hello pharmicists,

I want to know whether there can be an interaction between Ginkgo biloba and Nescafe coffee (caffeinated). So the question is can ginkgo biloba and caffeine cause anything dangerous or toxic in the body. i do not take any other drugs. please email me soon.
Sex
:  
Male
Weight
:  
Current Medications
:  
Bilberry extract 500mg - herbal supplement
Related Discussions
  • dizziness (3 replies):
    why does my 18 year old, physically fit daughter get diz...[more]
639831_tn?1223066680
There are no known interactions betweek ginkgo biloba and caffeine, so you can take it and drink coffee. Gingko biloba may interact with blood thinners, antidepressants, and blood pressure medications.
3 Comments
Blank
757137_tn?1347200053
I was part of a two-year program testing the efficacy of the herb for short-term memory loss. I found that gingko biloba was something of an upper and was worsening my already existing insomnia. After talking with the people at the program I took gingko only in the morning. If you have have sleep problems then using coffee while taking gingko biloba may make the situation worse. By the way, the herb worked just fine for me. In fact the results were amazing, but the source of my problem was extreme sleep deprivation. When I solved that, I no longer suffered short-term memory loss.
Blank
Can ginkgo biloba tablets interact with paracetamol if taken together?
Blank
This Forum's Experts
5801192_tn?1389204087
Carrie Fu, PharmDBlank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank