medications for diabetic
i am diabetic 2.  since advandia troubles my insurance will no longer allow advandamet.  i have tried metformin but have severe reactions.  my doctor says there are no other pills available at reasonable cost.  is this true?  are there others to try?  can you give me names of a couple?  cost is factor so if they come generic that would really help. i started out in coma..diabetic ketoacidosis with 2 types of insulin.  in coma 3 days, in hospital 8.  afraid if i do not control it with pills i am waiting for that to happen again.
Glipizide and glyburide are both indicated for adjunctive therapy in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, where hyperglycemia cannot be controlled by diet and exercise alone. You could ask your doctor about these.