minoxidil
I've been using generic minoxidil for the last 8 months.
There is wide range of prices for this medicine and its generic versions.
My question: is it both safe and effective to change, on a regular basis (once in a month or two), the generic version I'm using. In other words, are generic versions safe and effective as the original treatment?
Thank you
Yes, the generic versions of minoxidil tablets will be as safe and effective as the original product. All currently manufactured generic versions of minoxidil are rated as 'AB' by the FDA, which means they have adequately proven they are equivalent, so there is no problem switching between the generic versions. This information was found in the FDA Orange Book. This is where you can find information on therapeutic equivalency of generic products (equivalency of the different generic versions).