Ask a Pharmacist Expert Forum
prescription fraud

Questions in the Ask a Pharmacist Forum are being answered by pharmacists. Topics include: General information on prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, brand drugs, generic equivalents, common uses, drug therapy, drug interactions, possible side effects, travel medications, pill identification and proper disposal of expired, damaged and unusable medications.

prescription fraud
Hi. I basically got flagged at the pharmacy for having received multiple prescriptions for ultram from 2 doctors. I am not sure if charges are being pressed or not. I tried calling my doc and he said his hands are tied, that he can't help me through my withdrawals until my name has been cleared. I became addicted somewhere along the line and am interested in staying OFF this stuff, pain or not. What are the laws concerning this? and... How do I know if I am being investigated? Thanks
The depends on where you are, as laws vary. I would suggest you contact the pharmacy that flagged you to determine if any action is being taken.
I recently had a prescrip changed for a pain med I get monthly. The dose chg was minor, but the pharma upon getting the new script computed my refill now based on the NEW instructions, not waiting till the current dose was done.

What action do I have this is not what the Doctor intended ?
Your doctor would need to call the pharmacy to let them know that you are to continue your current dose until it runs out, and then switch to the new dosing.  Otherwise the pharmacist has to assume your doctor intends for the change to occur now.