Ask a Pharmacist Expert Forum
stopping cardizem la

Questions in the Ask a Pharmacist Forum are being answered by pharmacists. Topics include: General information on prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, brand drugs, generic equivalents, common uses, drug therapy, drug interactions, possible side effects, travel medications, pill identification and proper disposal of expired, damaged and unusable medications.

stopping cardizem la

I have taken Cardizem la for a little over a year now.   Dose started at 240mg and was lowered to 180mg a few months ago.  Lowered because of the side effects.  I take this only because of tachy and pain (not dx with angina) symptoms while exercising.   Blood pressure is only occasionally slightly high.  I have missed the last 5 days of the cardizem.   I feel fine and have even worked out without any symptoms.   I would like to know what if any problems it would create if I did not take another dose of the cardizem and/or is it still safe to take the next dose?
Age
:  
40
Sex
:  
Female
Weight
:  
190
Current Medications
:  
cardizem la 180 mg baby asprin
Drug Allergies
:  
erythramycyn z-pack
1 Comment
If your prescriber put you on Cardizem LA, you must continue to use the medication until you have discussed possible alternatives for your medical condition. If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.

Best of luck to you.

Jennifer R RPh www.drugstore.com