Ask a Pharmacist Expert Forum
synthroid and Nexium together?

Questions in the Ask a Pharmacist Forum are being answered by pharmacists. Topics include: General information on prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, brand drugs, generic equivalents, common uses, drug therapy, drug interactions, possible side effects, travel medications, pill identification and proper disposal of expired, damaged and unusable medications.

synthroid and Nexium together?
Hi...I am on Nexium and synthroid....can I take them together in the morning and hour before breakfast? I am supposed to take them both in AM.

Thanks....Joan
Yes, you can take both your Synthroid and Nexium together in the morning an hour before breakfast.  That is the best way to take them both.  
Thank you...someone told me that synthroid was not supposed to be taken with Nexium because Nexium has antacid in it and that would block the benefit of the Synthroid. Not true I see...that is how misinformation gets passed around....