5yr old son started school.. help
My son started kindergarden. He was diagnosed with aspergers not to long ago and hasn't received much help yet. The school decided to put him in a regular class to see how he would do. So far only a few incidents and overall doing well behavior wise. He refuses to work on letters and numbers to the point where it is just frustrating. I've been trying for a very long time to get him to learn the letters and he just walks away or will say random letters. My other concern is although he seems to be ok behavior wise at school he has gotten a lot worse at home. He seems frustrated all the time now, developed more fears, waking up more frequent in the night, sleep walking, and his fits are ridiculous.  I don't know what to do with him. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not. I am trying to be patient but my patience has run out. Any advice would be appreciated.
My son also has asp. He wasn't diagnosed until he was 13. However when he was 5 things were very similar.  He refused to read hated doing anything related to learning.  I figured out it was because it bored him.  I bought him a game that made him use letters and numbers and then rewarded him for playing the game(he was learning)   well it took all of three months and he knew everything.  He still learns better by exciting activities,  but will read 500+ Page books in a few days.   The school rewarded him for good behavior by letting him eat first or go to recess first.  Best thing to happen for him.