Asperger's Syndrome Community
8 year old plays in rectum

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Asperger Syndrome issues such as: Balance, Behavioral Issues, Causes, Characteristics, Classification, Clumsiness, Communication, Diagnosis, Gait – Walking, Genetics, Medications. Parenting, Prognosis, Restricted and repetitive interests and behavior, School Issues, Screening Sleep Disorders, Social interaction, Speech and language, Treatment

8 year old plays in rectum

We have an 8 year old adopted son and he came to live with us when he was 2 years old.  He has a lot of problems and lived in 10 homes before he came to live with us.  He never had any issues with him playing with is self or smearing his feces on the bathroom wall, floor or sink.  He had also been smearing his feces on the top bunk of his bed.  We also discover on 2 occasions that he had small amounts of feces on his carpet of his bedroom.  Our son is also diagnosed with many different things some as fetal alcohol spectrum disorder, adhd, mood and anxiety disorders.  Can anyone tell us if these are signs of any of these disorders?  We also were told that it was a possiblity that he might of been sexually abuse, are any of these signs of this?
My son has a rare genetic disorder and multiple issues because of this, he can do some pretty strange things at times also.  It's easy though to get really scared with the behaviour you describe but we have found that this makes your reactions to a child different and they sense it.  Children with varying issues don't always see the problem with stuff that horrifies others and a very wise child psychologist once told us children only know poo can't be played with because we tell them it's dirty, doesn't mean they won't do it!  Don't get freaked, sexual abuse seems unlikely unless he has a super memory. Love and a strict routine I find works best, it's tiring but worth it. Don't let him have the opportunity to do it, stick to your guns and show him its because you love him, maybe some would disagree but just because my son is disabled doesn't mean he needs to be treated any differently to anyone else in certain matters. Good luck.