Adult brother with undiagnosed Asperger's syndrome?
I am 22 years old and I recently moved into an apartment with my 28-year-old brother. My brother has always been a bit of a mystery to me because he is so intelligent in certain ways but completely oblivious in others. He is obsessed with finance and accounting and has received advanced education and success in those fields. When it comes to social interaction, namely his ability to act appropriately as a roommate and brother with me he is completely lacking. He is very repetitive in his speech and will talk at length about his interests to the point where I have obviously not paying attention but he cannot pick up on this. He seems to be unable to read between the lines, read my body language or understand sarcasm. He is oblivious to the fact that his actions can be upsetting to me and any time I have gotten into an argument he has been blindsided by the way I feel. He follows a strict routine and will share the same anecdotes with me over and over again.

The main reason why I think he may have undiagnosed AS is because he's so oblivious to my discomfort with being his roommate. I've spoken with my mom about this and she has long suspected that he may have AS or a similar syndrome or disorder. I don't know what to do about this because I am very concerned about his reaction if I suggest this to him. Is there anyone else that has an adult sibling with AS and what advice can you give me? Also, if there is any advice about sensitively approaching the subject with him I would really appreciate it.

Thank you so much.