Asperger's Syndrome Community
Annie200
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Asperger Syndrome issues such as: Balance, Behavioral Issues, Causes, Characteristics, Classification, Clumsiness, Communication, Diagnosis, Gait – Walking, Genetics, Medications. Parenting, Prognosis, Restricted and repetitive interests and behavior, School Issues, Screening Sleep Disorders, Social interaction, Speech and language, Treatment

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Annie200

My grandson has just been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome.  Previously he was diagnosed with PDD.  He has numerous symtoms (symptoms).  He is very unpredictable and suddenly can get extremely upset and throw things and sometimes hits his mother.  He has many tics and also handflaps.  He likes to wear his cap regardless of the weather and doesn't like to make eye contact.  He is very bright and loves the computer.  He doesn't like outdoor games but likes to swim.  He is aware that he has a problem and says so.  

My daughter is concerned that some of the behavour could be 'learnt' behavour from when he was on other drugs. How does one know what is 'learnt' behavour? What drugs would you prescrible for my grandson?    Could the wrong drugs be responsible for his behavour?  

If a 'normal' person is given drugs could the drugs cause the symptoms that my granson exhibits?