Anyone else have a "security blanket"/really sensitive fingertips? Stimming?
I have had a "blankie" since i was a baby. And when i was 10yrs old it finally desinegrated but i got lucky and found a blanket with VERY close to the exact same texture and feel to it(kind of pilly and rough). I like rub it with my fingertips and it feels soo good when i just cut my fingernails and they are extra sensitive and i rub them on my blanket. No one except for my parents and my husband know about my "blankie". Its pretty embarrassing but I will never stop. And when this one disenigrates(sp?), then i will find something that hopefully feels close to the same and use that. Its like rubbing it with my fingertips soothes me soo much. (i would never do it in public, at least not that anyone would notice what i was doing). Theres NO WAY i could sleep without rubbing it. Anyone have something similar???
I do the exact same thing! My problem is they no longer make the blanket I had while growing up and so I've been clinging onto this one for years! I also put it in the freezer so it gets good and cold and then I lay it across my shoulders. It's the weirdest thing to do I know, but I can't seem to let it go. I don't sleep with it every night but when I do I feel that I sleep better. I did however find a much bigger blanket recently with similar material and my fiancee actually pointed it out, so at least he's supportive. It's nice to know I'm not the only one! :)