Aspergers and derealisation and depersonalisation symptome
Hi, I was told that I had mild Aspergers syndrome when I was 7 years old, and I does explain a few of my personality traits. However I have also experienced chronic derealisation symptoms my entire life. For example, I would sometimes suddenly find myself feeling totally disconnected with my environment and those around me. Things, e.g. classrooms, streets would seen totally unfamiliar to the point of forgetting what they used to look like. People would still be familiar but I never feel the slightest bit of empathy or conection to them when in this "unreal" state.

I have done a bit of research on this and it seems that it is usually triggered by anxiety. Although I can sometimes be more anxious than most people, my derealisation symptoms never happen when I'm anxious!

According to my parents I started talking at a rather early age, and I have never really been particuarly gifted in any field (I'm awful at maths!). Unlike most autistics. My main traits include a dislike of loud sudden noises, a genuine (not demonstrated) lack of empathy to others.

Therefore I am wondering If I am suffering from some sort of neurological disorder that produces lifelong sporadic derealisation symptome and mimics mild Aspergers syndrome? A tough question I know! But it costs nothing to ask I guess.
Yes, it is a tough question, but you may absolutely be into something. Dissociative disorders (where derealisation may be a symptom) has a vague philosophical foundation and is something not every medical scientist would support the existence of. Anyway, dissociative disorders may mimic the core autistic symptom of 'being in a shell'; disconnected from parts of the enviroment because of hyperfocus on one part of it. This is the same perceptual phenomenom as weak central coherence which is hypothesized to also play a role in autism spectrum disorders.

Dissociative disorders are often a result of stress, and so it is worth reflecting on if any situations in the past has caused much stress. It is also worth thinking over if loud noises has played a special role once, and may be a result of the same distress making the possible dissociation phenomenons. In such a way it may be possible to calculate if it looks more like Asperger syndrome or some kind of dissociative disorders/phenomenons.