Asperger's Syndrome Community
Aspergers and my 5yr old son

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Asperger Syndrome issues such as: Balance, Behavioral Issues, Causes, Characteristics, Classification, Clumsiness, Communication, Diagnosis, Gait – Walking, Genetics, Medications. Parenting, Prognosis, Restricted and repetitive interests and behavior, School Issues, Screening Sleep Disorders, Social interaction, Speech and language, Treatment

Aspergers and my 5yr old son

Hi i am hoping to get some input or suggestions here when my son was 2-3yrs old he could barely talk and he could say some things but the only people who could understand him was my husband and i or his sisters.  He has made tremendous progress the past 2 yrs though and when he was not talking well he was tested and diagnosed with aspergers syndrome.  I am not sure if i agree but obviously i will do whatever the doctors say to help my son whether i agree or not as i am not a doctor but i am his mother and i know him better than anyone right.  He has alot of behavior issues like when things dont go his way or when he cant find the words when he is mad he will hit and we are trying to work on that with him and he has gotten better.. He is still slightly behind developmentally but is in kindergarden on time and doing ok and has lately been having 2 or 3 agressions every day at school he is so well behaved when its just us and him but when his sisters are around he gets wild which i feel is normal but he can look you in the eye and play fine so  i wonder if its not adhd and not aspergers and i hope the school will listen to me and have the doctor they have through the school system take a look at him so does anyone have any suggestions.  ADHD and Bipolar is in my and my husbands family i have it he does his sisters and our brothers and sisters and so on all have it.