Aspergers and suicide
My boy is 12 has as and he has gone down-hill in school this year. He has begun talking about thinking about suicide; He has a therapist and Psych. (abilify) but he mostly he just speaks to me, his dad, about it. I am wondering if he knows that these statements are most effective on me for attention. My Ex thinks it's because I probe to much. What do you know about AS kids using suicidal statements to get attention?
Some kids do use this for attention, but there is always a reason behind attention seeking.

I don't know - you see Aspies in general do not  seek attention. We are glad when people leave us alone normally.

If your son has trouble in school, he might feel more isolated than before or something like that.
Keep in mind the whole world feels often and for periods at a time wrong to Aspies.

If you do 'probe' a lot try to concentrate on the small day to day stuff your son things should have been different and try to explain. It can be such miner little things...

I would not take this too lightly.

Take care,
K