Bathroom issues
My son is 5 years old and has Asperger Syndrome.  He has been toilet trained for some time but recently has been going poo in his pants, and in the bath tub.  I have found the bathroom covered in poo.  He doesn't seem to want to poo in the toilet and tries to clean it up himself, making the mess alot worse.  I am at a loss as to why he is doing this.  If it is anxiety then how can I help him?
mY 9 YEAR OLD SON HAS aSPERGERS AND BATHROOM ISSUES-IT WAS HELPFUL WHEN i BOUGHT AN ADULT PORTABLE POTTY FOR CAMPING OR EVEN A PLASTIC BAG ROLLED ON EDGES AND HAD HIM SQUAT AND GO OUT SIDE!

GOOD LUCK AND HANG IN THERE!

MOM IN MAUI
We haven't had your particular issue with actually sitting on the toilet.  Our son, 11 years old, seems to what I call a love issue with the bathroom toilet.  It seems he has to go a lot, and most times he takes a long time to "go #2".  When we check on him, he is just sitting there playing with his toes or something...or is just sitting there obviously finished but not even close to getting up.  When we inquire as to why he is not getting up, he always says he was just about to.

He has Asperger's.  Is he being somewhat defiant because he doesn't want to face school or Saturday chores, etc?

Since he was five years old he has been diagnosed with Oppositional Definance Disorder or being a spoiled child.  He just received the AS diagnoses after much testing and observation.

runaroundalkaline