Having a baby?
My boyfriend has Aspergers and i was wondering if we had a baby what the likelyhood would be of him/her having it too?
Pretty high likelyhood.  They wouldn't be exactly the same, but the child would probably be on the spectrum (which means they may only have some symptoms that would not qualify them to be diagnosed as Aspie).  My husband is Aspie, has 5 kids (2 different Moms), and they are all on the spectrum.
its heriditary, my oldest has it, but my youngest shows no sign of learning disibilities
not sure how or why one has it and one is totally fine, maybe some genetic research could help you guys decide, and please keep in mind that having aspers is not a dealth sentence, my son and i are both happy people, for the most part are struggles take place more so in the class room then society
good luck to you both
It is heriditary but it is unlikely, just because someone in the family has a mental health disorder does not mean it will continue. I have seen it continue but it does alway's skip directly to the next generation sometime's it can go to your grandchild. It is true it is possible but it should not be a reason to consider not having a child because there is enough help now to have it helped while there young as long as you love your child and bring it up with love and support that is all that should matter