Asperger's Syndrome Community
My friend is ill amd withdrawing; what do I do?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Asperger Syndrome issues such as: Balance, Behavioral Issues, Causes, Characteristics, Classification, Clumsiness, Communication, Diagnosis, Gait – Walking, Genetics, Medications. Parenting, Prognosis, Restricted and repetitive interests and behavior, School Issues, Screening Sleep Disorders, Social interaction, Speech and language, Treatment

I need help. My friend (our relationship is blooming with the usual AS/NT issues) is ill. I suspect it is brought on by stress from work but he is hiding out, not answering his phones, not answering email.

my instinct tells me to let him have space and recover but he also has expressed a wish for me to contact him...

any suggestions?
thanks in advance
give him a couple of days to try and recover and then after that try and see if you can contact him, because if someone is dealing with alot of stress it will make them not really want to be around anyone or much less talk to anyone, but if someone i stress its not healthy to isolate themselves, because they may not know it but it can get worse.... the reason why im saying that is because i used to stress alot about things but i am the type to not express my feelings in any way because that is how i was raised, in my familys eye was that if anyone showed any emotion or tryed to express their feelings besides fighting it out it, my family counted that to mean that the person was weak, and if they thought someone was weak they would deny even being related to them, but anyways back to the point i went through a stage of stress to where all i did was isolate myself, and not be around anyone and i wouldnt listen to anyone, but after about 2 yrs of that i got diagnosed with depression, and i got put in counselling even though i hated it, but after awhile i realized that talking to someone at least some would help a little, so now i sometimes try to talk to people about what im dealing with and how my feelings and emotion is. amd event though i am still diagnosted as depressed, i came back to school this year after dropping for two years, and now im trying to get my life straight..... But i hope everything turns out good in your situation!
thanks much, it is good advice!
sry i didnt mean for that to post twice