Asperger's Syndrome Community
My son is 2 years old and he is not walking

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Asperger Syndrome issues such as: Balance, Behavioral Issues, Causes, Characteristics, Classification, Clumsiness, Communication, Diagnosis, Gait – Walking, Genetics, Medications. Parenting, Prognosis, Restricted and repetitive interests and behavior, School Issues, Screening Sleep Disorders, Social interaction, Speech and language, Treatment

My child is 2 years old and he doesn't know how to walk, he just learned how to crawl and few months ago.  He doesn't know how to feed himself either. He doesn't like to sit up by himself. He likes to lay on the floor and suck his thumb. He does babble but he does't say little 2 or 3 word pharases like he should be. He does wave "bye-bye" and he likes to smile alot. I was wondering do you think there is something wrong with my child and should I get him checked out?

YES!!  He needs some kinda eval SOON!!    What does his pediatrician say?
My husband took him to have a head scan. He me that the doctor said he was fine. He also said that the doctor told him that our son will walk when he is ready
Time for 2nd opinion!  Maybe go to a University childrens hospital.  

This is normal development:

Sitting comes at about 6 months (with some support)  7 months full sitting
Crawling comes at 8 - 9 months (actually , they should be able top stand with support, heck, some start walking then)
walking starts about 14 - 16  months
It doesn't necessarily have to be autism either.  My daughter and I have Ehler's-Danlos - and we walked after 2.  But do take him to a real hospital.   When she wasn'[t walking at 2 we took her to a rehab doctor at Rusk who reassured us - she fell down 50 times a day until she was 6 when her ligament tightened up.  But see a real specialist.
definitely something wrong. Get to a paediatrician asap. should have been walking talking and feeding by now on their own.keep persisting until you get answers. good luck & wishes
I agree that you should have a second opinion but try not do drive yourself insane. Sometimes children don't reach "milestones" by recommended times because they're just not ready.  I have a nephew that started crawling the same time as your child and was delayed with walking and speech as well, he is now 5 in kindergarten and perfectly fine.
My husband did not talk until he was 5 - and I did not talk until I was 4.  But I did point and "wap" my eyebrows up and down a lot.  Boys also talk later - when I was in my mother's group we watched the litle girls yap away and we called the boys cavemen.  You need to see if he is understanding what you are saying.  FOr instance, if you ask him to hand you a specific toy - does he.  At 2 they should know how to hand you  something.  At 2 my son had taken apart my breast pump and when I asked him where the missing piece was and he brought it to me - even though he couldn't describe it himself.  Again, it is comprehension that matters.  In Asperger's - there is no verbal delay.  In HFA, there is a verbal delay.