New to this...
I just took the aspie quiz at http://www.***********/eng/Aspie-quiz.php and I scored a 167/200. I am 20 years old. I am scared. I fear that my brain is wired differently than others. I want to get help, but being a college student, I do not have the funds. What should my next step be? I am just so lost. Please help.
On-line quizzes or checklists can be useful in the sense that they can offer a glimpse about whether a person might display some of the characteristics (symptoms) of a certain condiiton. However, it's important not to put too much stock in them. They are not a substitute for thorough evaluation by a mental health professional. One place you might begin is to contact your college counseling or student services office and see what's available. Often these services come at no cost for students who are enrolled in the school. Evaluation may be available right at the college, or one of the clincians might be able to offer you some local resources. If you are insured, your medical insurance will likely cover a standard mental health diagnostic session.