Asperger's Syndrome Community
Online testing somewhat accurate?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Asperger Syndrome issues such as: Balance, Behavioral Issues, Causes, Characteristics, Classification, Clumsiness, Communication, Diagnosis, Gait – Walking, Genetics, Medications. Parenting, Prognosis, Restricted and repetitive interests and behavior, School Issues, Screening Sleep Disorders, Social interaction, Speech and language, Treatment

Online testing somewhat accurate?

I found this website http://www.rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php that had 200 questions and it broke it down into many categories. I wanted to know accurate this test is in assessing the signs of Aspergers.

I am almost 100% positive I have always had this since I little and I am now 35yrs old.  I have a lot of the sensory issues as well, with smell, touch and sound. I mean extreme.

I scored 146/200 which said I was likely Aspie.

I have always felt something was totally wrong with me since I was little. I didn't like to be touched, held, I had a hard time verbalizing how I felt and still do, I feel that I am highly intelligent but my social and perception skills get in the way. I feel like I dont get my point across to people even though I know its logical and I cant see why they cant see that. I have lists for everything from budgets to do lists that I check like 5 times a day. I have to be perfect and I feel insecure all the time and I have no idea why.  I am easily frustrated and irritated and I get startled very easily. One thing for sure is that I catch myself talking about myself all the time and I dont even listen to what others are saying its all about me. I have tried to stop but I really have no control it just comes out.  I was diagnosed with GAD last year but I went to the therapist strictly for that. I also am Bulimic/Binge Eater (I dont purge anymore) I have Restless Leg Syndrome and Stage IV Endometriosis as well. I have had surgery for the Endo as well as TMJ.

My daughter who is 9 shows alot of the same traits I do and I am wondering if she too has it.

I feel like I am going crazy and I feel like a prisoner in my own body and people just don't get it.

Anyways I just want answers and I don't even know where to start to get accessed. If I go to my doctor she is going to think I am crazier this time around.
I have found that test to be fairly accurate, and consistent. I tend to take it every year to monitor how well I am coping. You will find that you think differently to people, and possibly don't understand the "cult of celebrity" etc. The lists thing is very common, and as you are used to making them, use the results of the test to break down your signs into the three categories: Social communication, Social interaction, and Social imagination.

As an adult with Aspergers (and three sons on the spectrum) I would like to point out that everyone on the spectrum is different. I recommend a book called Aspergers and Girls (featuring Temple Grandin). If you are on the spectrum, you will identify with some of the stories in this book, I totally fell apart and had a meltdown reading it, it was such a relief to realise that other people felt the same.

Diagnosis for you may or may not help, but it could be important for your daughter to help her with study support later in life.
I found that the online tests, and my husbands actual test results from a professional were very similar.he is 34 and was diagnosed Fairly recently. I so badly want him to reach out to people, but his anxiety Gets in the way. I think it would do him a lot of good to see that he is not alone.
It seems accurate to me. My son is seven and is diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. It's hard for him to pick up on any social queuing at all - and he is a very socially awkward young man, but he's come leaps and bounds from when he first started school!
Thank you.
did you check out the AQ Test also?

www.AspergersTestSite.com
Yes I did that one and I got 37