Asperger's Syndrome Community
PLEASE HELP POTTY TRAIN my 3 YEAR OLD
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Asperger Syndrome issues such as: Balance, Behavioral Issues, Causes, Characteristics, Classification, Clumsiness, Communication, Diagnosis, Gait – Walking, Genetics, Medications. Parenting, Prognosis, Restricted and repetitive interests and behavior, School Issues, Screening Sleep Disorders, Social interaction, Speech and language, Treatment

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

PLEASE HELP POTTY TRAIN my 3 YEAR OLD

my 3 year old will not even potty train I can get her to sit on the potty...nothing ever happens I can check over and over and over...the first 2 minutes I do not get her to sit on potty is when she goes in her pants or naked or training pants...she could care less that she is wetting herself...is it me?
I would just leave her there and perhaps not check so much as this could be a distraction for her? I would also let her watch you pee maybe as kids always want to mimick....when she does, even if a little tinkle, it's BIG reward time and tell her she's such a big girl when she does this. If she really adores dolls, maybe get her a few little ones and reward her when she does go? I would not ever scold her if she ever goofs...I would downplay the mistakes and really encourage her that she can do this like Mom does....

We have a boy and we were lucky as when we told him he could go to a really neat school, but needed to make big boy choices and go on the potty if he went there so he promptly did but I understand this is rare.

I would try to be patient and I look fwd to hearing what others say?
She will be fine!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Asperger's Syndrome Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank