Asperger's Syndrome Community
Rage Attacks
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Asperger Syndrome issues such as: Balance, Behavioral Issues, Causes, Characteristics, Classification, Clumsiness, Communication, Diagnosis, Gait – Walking, Genetics, Medications. Parenting, Prognosis, Restricted and repetitive interests and behavior, School Issues, Screening Sleep Disorders, Social interaction, Speech and language, Treatment

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Rage Attacks

My 21 year old son experiences rage attacks AKA "meltdowns" and won't even apply for a job. He is on medication, but it does not seem to help. He is a brilliant young man, and we have applied for Disability Insurance for him, but because the doctors have not seen him in this state they informed the Disability Office that his Asperger's disease was under control. This kid has been known to throw computers and punch or kick holes in the walls or take out his anger on pets. How can I prove to the SSDI that he cannot be placed in a job situation? He also has epilepsy that is triggered by stress and he does not drive.