Aa
A
A
Close
Should we try to set up pen pals/e-mail pals for our kids
Would anyone else on this board be into trying to set up something to see if our kids would be interested in e-mail/pen paling anyone else's child.  A lot of our children seem to be be similar in ages - and some interests.
Cancel
6 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I could even have my husband (not me the luddite) set up a website for them.  Just an idea - my son only has a couple of real friends - I think he would like to do something like this.  They might think it is cool to have a pen pal in another part of the world or another country.  We are not looking at long 18th century letters here.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
365714 tn?1292202708
I don't have any children, so I can't participate, but it sounds interesting. Email addresses can't be posted publicly. They'd have to go through pm. This also takes a degree of trust in each member here.  It may be wise to set up one of those free hotmail or yahoo accounts to do the penpal-ing with. That way you protect your main account.  Adult supervision would be very important.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
my son has a private profile on myspace
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
well, he never used it, so i do not remember his pass word and all that
as long as you monitor your kids, myspace is acceptable
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
637356 tn?1301928422
I am not sure whether or not my son would be able to communicate well through writing or typing but I would give it a chance and help him if he wants.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I know that my son would love to communicate with another Aspie. We were at a wedding a few weeks ago and became very excited because he saw another Aspie across the room. I said, "You can tell he is an Aspie by looking at him?" His reply was a very firm, "Yes". He went over to the young man and came back to me with a very broad smile on his face...the boy was indeed an Aspie and they thoroughly enjoyed communicating with each other.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Asperger's Syndrome Community Resources