Zoloft and Pregnancy
My Grandson was diagnosed with ADHD,Bipolor and Asbergers as well as a disability in writing .His writing can not be read .He has to start typing things into a computer and print it out .
Can Zoloft taken in Pregnancy ,do to a Depression caused by Midral Valve Prolaps,be the cause of all this or of some of this ?
Thank You
i took paxil when i was pregnant with my oldest son, who does show some signs of aspers, i have worked with him daily for the last few years and he seems to be outgrowing this
but i do believe that the paxil which is in the same class of drug as zoloft can and will cause developmental delay, but the doctors can hide behind the risk VS. the benifits
i was terribly depressed when i was pregnant, my doc promised me there was no risk, this was 9 yrs ago, last year i worked for DMH dept of mental health and read several journals that connected sri's to developmental delay
whats done is done, no one can go back and change the past, now we all must deal with life the best we can
i have decided to spend all of my time, loving and helping my children get what they neeed out of life and thats all you can do for your grandson
if he cannot write so well, dont force him, its not the end of the world, and after asking a learning disabled child to write can be like asking a blind person to read
respect their limitations, work around them and build on his talents
i just started homeschooling and i have seen an absolute change in my child, it is amazing