Asperger's Syndrome Community
advice needed
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Asperger Syndrome issues such as: Balance, Behavioral Issues, Causes, Characteristics, Classification, Clumsiness, Communication, Diagnosis, Gait – Walking, Genetics, Medications. Parenting, Prognosis, Restricted and repetitive interests and behavior, School Issues, Screening Sleep Disorders, Social interaction, Speech and language, Treatment

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

advice needed

Hi my 8 year old son was diagnosed with aspergers last year I'm a little confused as he often makes little lies up or exaggerates the truth I've always read that children with aspergers don't lie. Could he have been wrongly diagnosed? Xx
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I have aspergers, and still young enough to remember my childhood. I lied a lot. Like, a LOT. about everything. The thing is though, I rarely was caught. Only when it stepped slightly too far beyond plausible, something i strove against.

People are weird and interesting and complex. Some asperger's kids have a joy of assembling molecular structures. Others prefer assembling people.

Truth is a flexible thing. Hard to grab, even harder to hold on to.

..Or you know, he could just be at an age where he figured out HOW to lie effectively, and it may just be a phase and indeed, probably is. But thats not nearly as interesting as my story, is it?

Anyway. Hope I answered something. I tend to sway off topic pretty easily. I'll leave you with a fun logic puzzle to try with him:

"I was diagnosed as a pathological liar."
"Really?"
"No."
Blank
:) thankyou for the interesting answer
Blank
2121289_tn?1335088064
I always lied too.. half the time i was saying what i thought people wanted to hear, and the other half i would exaggerate alot

Blank
My son is an Aspie.. He lies to us all the time.. but we are able to get the truth from him very easily... it is hard for him to continue to lie once I'm on to him!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Asperger's Syndrome Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...