Asperger's Syndrome Community
afraid for my chid

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Asperger Syndrome issues such as: Balance, Behavioral Issues, Causes, Characteristics, Classification, Clumsiness, Communication, Diagnosis, Gait – Walking, Genetics, Medications. Parenting, Prognosis, Restricted and repetitive interests and behavior, School Issues, Screening Sleep Disorders, Social interaction, Speech and language, Treatment

afraid for my chid

My son is 21 and was diagnosed with PDD (NOS) as a child but again diagnosed with aspbergers as an adult. He does not believe anything is wrong with him even though he has been on medication all his life. He refuses to go to the doctor and take meds. He is verbally abusive to me and other siblings when he is here in my home.  I finally decided that i was going to put him in an apartment and pay his bills out of his SSI. Bad mistake, He has only been in the apartment for 2 weeks and causing just as much havoc as he was while in my home. says he is going to his own doctor to get them to give him a letter stating that he can take care of his own finances, LOL!!! he can't hold on to a dollar for 10 seconds before he has to spend it.  I co-signed on the apartment and it has to be paid. what can i do? He is completely out ocontrol. He says he hates the entire family because they all agree with me that he cannot handle money himself. I don't care about the money i just want him to have a place to live that is safe,  food in his fridge, and electricity and water.  The only way that will happen is if i pay his bill. This was a mistake!!!! He needs help!!! putting him in the hospital does not work cause he cons them into letting him out after 72hrs. I went so far the last time to tell them that he has no where to go and he had to go to a shelter or a home. they put him in one that he could just walk out of and ened up on the streets!!! i let him come home, cannot do it again. I need to find a way to get him in a home or facility that he cannot get out of only because he cannot follow rules anywhere he goes and i am afraid he is going to end up dead or in jail. I love him, but I cannot have him in my home anymore. what can I do?