Asperger's Syndrome Community
is hypersomnia related to asbergas syndrome at all?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Asperger Syndrome issues such as: Balance, Behavioral Issues, Causes, Characteristics, Classification, Clumsiness, Communication, Diagnosis, Gait – Walking, Genetics, Medications. Parenting, Prognosis, Restricted and repetitive interests and behavior, School Issues, Screening Sleep Disorders, Social interaction, Speech and language, Treatment

Hi i am an adult 30 yrs old and i have been diagnosed as having mild asbergas syndrome back in 2010,i was wondsering a few things realy,one is i always had and do still have issues with sleeping which as a youngster used to get me in trouble because my parents thought i was misbehaving,but the fact was and still is that i simply could'nt sleep even if i tried and i still get it now i very often wake up late and have found that i loose a job here and there if it is earlies i'm on as a result of this but it is not because i break my sleeping pattern i just cannot get up for unknown reasons all the time and doing a little resaearch i found an article about this  hypersomnia and i was wondering if there is a potential for asbergas sufferers to get hypersomnia.The other thing is there is next to no help i am aware of for the condition and i often find i cannot do everything if given a list or may do some right and most wrong or get anxious of dangerous machinery ie.when i worked in a press factory i nearly brought the press down with the tool up twice which could have killed me and others around me. other things are i have a very bad memory with most things and very often forget in seconds also i can read a paragraph of tasks say and when i get part way through i cannot relate to what it is i am supposed to be doing in the regard i have forgotten what i read just because it is too long for me to remember the whole thing at once i may remember parts not all of it.The other thing is i feel stupid at times when i get it wrong like i got on a bus the other day and it was the wrong number it was hard to see it because of the color but because i lack the common sense or the aptitude to apply it in my current situations i tend not to do the right thing like i should have asked him where are you going or said the are name i was going but i did'nt think i just did it.I apparently have it mild but it does'nt feel that way at all as half the time i am scared to be sent to a job by the jobcentre etc and find my self lost which is another issue i can't think on the spot or i'll get it wrong and my sense of direction as in if given directions like turn left make a right go 2300 yards then left and it's on your left i simply could not grasp it and it is getting in the way of my everyday life all the time,i feel i do not fit in at times around conversations with others i may say something and everyone will stop and stare as if i just changed the subject and ridicule you as a result of it,i am about to loose my place to live after my mom got the place to get me out of ending up back in a hostel full of smack heads again as that's what happens top regular people when you end up on the street,all that a result of my stepfather not noing i had it and us having a fight about my mum breaking my pc i was'nt aggressive but i can be if i get anxious but i have to be pushed way more than i shpould to react but when i do i realy do,and sometimes put my self in it.I will loose £100 housing benefit after my mum bought the flat on a dependant mortgage she had to give a letter stating i had asbergas to the broker to show i was eligable as dependant and considered a vulnerable person ,now the housing benefit are saying because i am in a 2 bed flat they are taking £100 back which i don't have.I saw it said if you have a disability ie.blind,mental health,alcoholic etc it does'nt apply and i am scared of ending up in some sh@tty maisonette full of smack rats crack heads and criminals out of prison sent from hostels were they end up,surely that would be making a me vulnerable again and it definately is causing me anxiety big time,Any ideas what i can do do i even have any rights,i mean i can't even keep eye to eye contact and get nervous/anxious approaching strangers any way so when ever i have an interview i can't keep eye to eye contact all the time and i don't know if they notice it but i feel they must and i believe it is why i never get jobs when i have an interview i feel it is impossible for me to do what the jsa wants of me if i can't even get up or get on the right bus or go to sleep or do multiple tasks at once how can they expect me to function it potentialy dangerous work environments? I like work i just cannot get up for earlies i can however seem to function on night very well.