Asperger's Syndrome Community
is it true or false
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Asperger Syndrome issues such as: Balance, Behavioral Issues, Causes, Characteristics, Classification, Clumsiness, Communication, Diagnosis, Gait – Walking, Genetics, Medications. Parenting, Prognosis, Restricted and repetitive interests and behavior, School Issues, Screening Sleep Disorders, Social interaction, Speech and language, Treatment

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

is it true or false

my mother was told that my 12 yr brother will never get married... that he dosent knw the diference of feelings like love caring mad sad ....
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
That's a rather harsh statement I would say. Many people with aspergers go on to have relationships and marriages and successful lives. Learning coping strategies and surrounding yourself with people who understand your limitations and celebrate your achievements will make this possible. Don't let negative people stop anything your brother wants to do becoming a reality. Xx
Blank
5488545_tn?1368711526
That is very harsh let alone cruel... so I agree with Mobypippa on that.

And I can relate to your question... as I'm 27yrs old with Aspergers myself.
I do have a harder time differentiating the facial cues of anger, sad etc on -other- people's faces/body language...

As for my own? I can tell a little bit better. I know what it feels like to be mad, sad etc. =3 It just feels like you're a bit numb to the feelings and they're dulled even though they're not.

Would you believe I'm happily married to my Husband, live in our dream house, and own 2 dogs and a bunny? Not to mention I'm a cashier at our local Walmart in Illinois.

I've a harder time with math because my right side of my brain is weaker... which 'controls' my math skills etc.. my left side is stronger, making my artistic/creative skills easier.

I know I'm going off-subject... but XD using my left hand helps my right side of my brain and my right hand with my left brain..

I learned of that in a program I participated in to help children & adults with mental disorders (special needs)

That program is called: Brain Balance! And if started at an early age 6+ it can almost if not completely correct the mental-disorder a child has!

It even helped me to improve greatly! My parents had verbally told me so when I was living nearby in Michigan. Thanks to them both parents and Brain Balance life has become a bit easier!

I believe Brain Balance has a website .... www.brainbalance.com!
^_^

But I hate to say it, but your Mom is completely wrong...... plus she may be saying that out of frustration maybe? <=3

Anywho, I hope my reply helps you!
Cheers,

Angie W. ^_~

Blank
5488545_tn?1368711526
http://www.brainbalancecenters.com/about/the-program/

Is the true website I meant to link you to... but both websites can help you out. =3

Angie W.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Asperger's Syndrome Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank