Asperger's Syndrome Community
please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Asperger Syndrome issues such as: Balance, Behavioral Issues, Causes, Characteristics, Classification, Clumsiness, Communication, Diagnosis, Gait – Walking, Genetics, Medications. Parenting, Prognosis, Restricted and repetitive interests and behavior, School Issues, Screening Sleep Disorders, Social interaction, Speech and language, Treatment

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My daughter is 4 and has a very bad speech delay. I have her in speech therapy 3 times a week for 30 minutes each. She has improved a little but recently i asked her teacher how she was in class. She said that she was basically way behind other kids in her class, that she wasnt grasping onto anything they are teaching. Ive had suspicions that there was something wrong for a few years and recently my sister n law suggested I have her tested for aspergers. She had a kid in her pre-k class that had it and stated my daughter had some of the signs. My daughter is overly lovable, she climbs stairs one foot at a time. always in order, she will not keep eye contact very long, shes obsessive about alot of things. She doesnt understand the concept of inside voice and she is so hyper. I could go on with things, my only saving grace is she is social, she has a few friends. most of the kids in her class thinks she is strange but a few like her. please give me your opinion.

My 4 and half year old son as been in reception class now for 7 months.  When he was 2 years old he was given the nick name ASBO kid as he was very naughty and we put it down to terrible 2's.  At the age of 2 and half health visitor raised concerns about his speech and again I suppose didnt want to accept anything was wrong with him and replied no he is only a baby still.  He as always liked routine silly things that would upset him is someone else picking him up from school ie mum collecting him when he thought dad was, also gets upset when he doesnt know what is happening and things suddenly change.  Since strating in reception for the first few months we were being asked to pop into school regular virtually daily because of his problems and him kicking off.  In the end they had do do a routine chart every morning and give him 5 minutes warning so he could process what was going to happen.  I believe this as gradually dropped off this is probably because he is used to the routine in school and loves going.  He often plays by himself at home and when out but to be honest his a very social and lovable little boy.  Likes cuddles and hugs and when huggung grits his teeth gently squeezing your arm.  Still having afternoon naps and occassionally as fallen asleep in school.  regular gets sent out of assembly because of him not sitting still taking socks and shoes off and generally being disruptive trying to distrupt other children.  In his christmas play just gone he had to have a teacher sat with him and couldnt be with the other children in the class.  he as been under a speech theraphy since   May 2010 because his speech is very delayed and pronounciation is not good. His last parents evening teacher stated that his learning and behaviour is only that of a 2 and half year old yet he is nearly 5 in 3 months time. He doesnt recognise his name he recognised about 3 words he recognises numbers 1 to 5 and number 7 and can count to 12, he recognises afew shapes and his very good at jigsaws, he doesnt see danger and last year jumped into a swimming pool and my husband had to jump in because he went under.  he runs and skids in shops and jumps on furniture in shops.  Last week at primark he threw himself onto the downward escalator.  He doesnt feel pain and very rarely cries when he has hurt himself. We have been to the docs last week and after 2 minutes in the docs office he had tried taking everything off her desk jumping u and down the bed in the doctors office and very on the go.  she straight away referred him and since then I have been monitoring him and watching him play.  He flaps his hands alot when excited or gets frustrated. He likes spinning and in the last 3 days I have videos of him spinning daily.  He lines cars up and also lined his aliens up yesterday, I caught him playing in his bedroom on his own.  He is very loving and loves his baby twin sisters who are 2 years and plays alot with them Please help any ideas what may be wrong with him.  My son as now been referred to a paediatrician.
.