Asperger's Syndrome Community
pooping in pants

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Asperger Syndrome issues such as: Balance, Behavioral Issues, Causes, Characteristics, Classification, Clumsiness, Communication, Diagnosis, Gait – Walking, Genetics, Medications. Parenting, Prognosis, Restricted and repetitive interests and behavior, School Issues, Screening Sleep Disorders, Social interaction, Speech and language, Treatment

pooping in pants

My son is 14yrs old he is asperger he still poops in his pants every day then lies about it. We have told his doctor he says it is behavioral, it is very embarrassing for me and him. We have tried punishing ,making  him clean his own pants nothing works. I refuse to take him anywhere anymore I cant get him to stop
please look at the thread 15 yr old bowmovement
and other post in the archives
this is a typical symptom of aspers, my son broke out of this at 8, with patince and medication
tenex and fiber chewables,
its stress related
Has anyone ever spoke about encoparesis?  I have a foster child who is 12 years old and poops everyday.  It's not like a normal poop but smears and unformed poop.  I have waited for 10 years for this to get better and tried all the bowel programs, therapists and over the counter products and have recently learned her bowels are so distended from chronic constipation that she will likely need a bowel resection but at the very least we are going to do an ACE procedure with a Mic-KEY button to "fix" her pooping once and for all.  Most people have never heard of an ACE even professionals but they work. Her sister has spina bifida and will get an ACE to control her bowel issues.  Using a Mic-Key is new but a great idea.  I have a son with a mic-key button for his g-tube and it's always worked for him and i can't see a reason why it won't work just as well for the bowels.  
Hi, I have Aspergers and also had this problem into my teens.
The reason for it I understand but is hard to explain. It's like an emotional thing. A euphoria so to speak. Even to this day I only have bowel movements about 3 times a week and my excrement is very large.
Punishing and making him clean his own poop won't work. I can't tell you exactly how I got out of it, I just got tired of the mess and the extreme embarrassment it caused.
Try making it a routine to go to the bathroom after giving him something that works for him to cause a softness of bowels. For me it's coffee.
Another thing that makes it so hard also is the fact that it is so large and very much hurts when going to the bathroom to get it out.
It's important that he knows things will be so much easier and better once he's able to go.
My advice would be not to make it any more embarrassing than it already is, because I'm sure he's frustrated with the embarrassment.
how can you communicate that to a 7 year old boy who is extremely smart with everything but pooping in the toilet. He is still in pull-ups! Today is the last straw for him and us, the parents. All of his toys have been removed as well as the pull ups.
You might consider enlisting the help of an ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) specialist. You may have to pay out-of-pocket for the consult, but it would be worth the investment.
My son is 4 yrs old and has Asperger's syndrome. He has recently been pooping his pants for about the last 3 months and he has been potty trained for 2 and a half years. How do I begin to try to get him on a regular schedule of doing number two in his pants and changing his eating habits? I feel like I am at the end of the road with this problem and the doctor just keeps saying its normal and I just want to know what Im supposed to do. thank you
Kids are much like animals when it comes to potty training....much after they eat they will have a bowlmovement or have to pee...u have to time it...pay attention. U will notice the pattern in one day...look at the food that may increase a bowl movement as well or cause gas....it has a lot to do with habit. Be patient, after u can track the pattern u can make ur child known to their bodily functions process...speak to them like they are always hearing it for the first time.. speak in a clear tone, not with anger or frustration...u only set them back more an cause them to fear the bathroom...