Asperger's Syndrome Community
potty training regression

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Asperger Syndrome issues such as: Balance, Behavioral Issues, Causes, Characteristics, Classification, Clumsiness, Communication, Diagnosis, Gait – Walking, Genetics, Medications. Parenting, Prognosis, Restricted and repetitive interests and behavior, School Issues, Screening Sleep Disorders, Social interaction, Speech and language, Treatment

potty training regression

My 6 year old son, who has been diagnosed with mild asperger's syndrom (syndrome), recently started pooping in his pants. Previously he was potty trained, but refused to wipe himself. He doesn't do it at night, and has never had bed wetting problems. Is this part of his diagnosis, or just common for some children?
My daughter went thru this too at the age of 8. She was completely potty trained had been for years and then all of a sudden wasn't. I was so frustrated at this but was useless in fixing the problem until one day in group therapy one of the Mom's mentioned a medication that caused this in her child. I asked her the med and she said Abilify!!!! Low and behold the doc had just started Faith on that med like a couple weeks before that. I contacted her doc and ask him if it was possible and he said yes. I was so mad at him for not telling me it could have that effect on her. He said we don't tell ppl everything cause some develop the effect only when they know about it!!! Long story short took her off of it and she has not had another accident in her pants since and she will be 16 at the end of next month.