Asperger's Syndrome Community
what do i do

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Asperger Syndrome issues such as: Balance, Behavioral Issues, Causes, Characteristics, Classification, Clumsiness, Communication, Diagnosis, Gait – Walking, Genetics, Medications. Parenting, Prognosis, Restricted and repetitive interests and behavior, School Issues, Screening Sleep Disorders, Social interaction, Speech and language, Treatment

what do i do

my daughter is eleven and in the last few years it seems as she is acting younger and younger. her grades are good. a's and b's but she hates loud noise to where she covers her ears. and screams to turn it down. she doesnt really talk to anyone. she loves being around people but is so scared. plus at the moment i cant go to work because she cannot get away from me. if i change anything like have someone else pick her up from school. she gets upset and wants me never to do that agian. she has to have all the doors shut at night with her night light on with the tv or she will not go to sleep. plus she steals all the time food and candy. no matter how many times i tell her no and spank her. she is also a hoarder. she keeps everything. i can tell her to throw it away and i will go in her room to do my monthly clean out and i find it hiden. the doctors have diagnosed her with adhd and it just doesnt seem right. my other children are excelling her. i just feel like there is something else going on. also when she was younger every picture she was in she had droopy eyes.