Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
A skin reaction after shaving, is it an allergic one?

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Ok, so I don't know if this is common or not. Anytime I shave my legs I have this crazy reaction. It is so embarassing and I don't know how to fix it. It looks like I have razor burn all over my skin but I don't think that that is what it is. It gets really red and these bumps start to rise. It even causes white heds sometimes. I know it is common to see pores but this ridiculous and embarassing. Do I just have really sensitive skin. Please help.
You are most likely having an allergic reaction to whatever shaving cream or lotion you are applying to your legs, assuming you are using a safety razor.  It is also possible that you do have extra-sensitive skin and the skin response is to mechanical irritation from the shaving device you are using.  You might want to switch to a “non-allergenic” shaving cream/lotion product.  On the mechanical side be sure to avoid using any razor that is not ultra-sharp.
Try using a different shaving gel.  I get it sometimes and switched to just using dove soap to shave with because I react to everything else.  Even then if I try to shave too often I still get a reaction.