Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Allergic reaction, maybe, on skin?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Allergic reaction, maybe, on skin?

A couple of weeks ago I noticed there strange scratches on my skin I don't recall getting. Within a week they had started to look like burn marks, kind of blistered and peeling. Then about a week later they had turn brown like scars and all the small similarly colored little splotches began appearing all over my right hand and wrist, they almost look like a chemical burns but I haven't been around anything of the sort. I think they're an allergic reaction maybe?
242587 tn?1355427710
From your description, these “scratches” could be allergic (most commonly from direct contact with an allergic substance) or infectious or neither one.  I suggest that you give careful consideration to what new substances have recently come in contact with your skin;  these could range from animal scratches or skin contact, chemicals or hand creams, or even from new gloves.  You may have to see your doctor to get a specific diagnosis.

Good luck.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank