Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Allergies/itchy

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Allergies/itchy

Hey there , I've been taking loradatine for allergies and extreme skin itching. I was told the 10mg pills are fine to take while pregnant. Apparently it's the same as Claritin. Can someone answer please.
Thank you
The following is from a reliable source, LexiComp.

Maternal use of loratadine has not been associated with an increased risk of major malformations. The use of antihistamines for the treatment of rhinitis during pregnancy is generally considered to be safe at recommended doses. Although safety data is limited, loratadine may be the preferred second generation antihistamine for the treatment of rhinitis or urticaria during pregnancy.

However, it is my recommendation, that you should definitely confer with your obstetrician before taking this, or any other medication during your pregnancy.

Good luck to you and your having a healthy baby.