Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Allergies?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Allergies?

I'm a 26 year old female in good health. All my adult life I've suffered with hayfever but managed to control it. Around march this year sneezing kicked in and it rapidly got worse, now we've hit October I'm struggling to put it down to my old buddy hayfever!! It almost seems like my nose has become hypersensitive; it constantly feels blocked but often leaks a watery fluid, I have at least 5 bouts of around 20 violent sneezes every day which can be triggered by anything - leaving the house or entering the house, showering or even just knocking my nose with my hands. My nose constantly itches and I feel almost permanently on the verge of sneezing. My eyes are also itchy and water to the point of me looking like I'm crying, have become quite red and I have been unable to wear my contact lenses or eye makeup for almost 6 months. Is this likely to be my allergies just getting worse? It's so much more extreme than my hayfever has ever been and I have tried all the antihistamines and combinations of them but seem to get absolutely no relief! While it's hugely annoying I have learnt to deal with it to some extent and I wouldn't say it's debilitating - just a permanent annoyance!