Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Allergies?

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Allergies?
I have been diagnosed with allergies back in January and now just yesterday.  I have never had allergies before.  I am 57 years old and in great health.  I woke up at 4:00 AM with a severe sinus headache a runny nose, chills, and right neck and shoulder pain.  I had a slight runny nose when I went to bed, but otherwise felt fine.  As the day went on, I felt like I had either a flu or sinus infection because of the sinus headache.  PA stated it was allergies and prescribed Nasonex.  Why would I get allergies out of the blue at my age and then in late winter?
What you have experienced and described in detail is more suggestive of a respiratory infectious process than of allergies, but nasonex may provide some relief.