Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Allergy or Wegener's Granulomatosis

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Allergy or Wegener's Granulomatosis

I have been to 3 ENTs for chronic sinusitis and crusting/sore nostrils.   1st cultured - came back with moderate staph.  Took Keflex for 10 days & 5 days later did a culture - negative.  Said to use Bacitracin for 1 year.
2nd said I am very dry, nose very dry and use saline spray and gel and get allergy testing.  Allergic to molds, grass, trees and doing allergy shots for 4 months..  Getting worse - cold weather??  All this happened since a year ago.
3rd said he thinks I have  Wegener's Granulomatosis and removed a scab to look at the skin and sent me for blood work and said I will need a biopsy.  cANCA negative pANCA negative, sed rate OK, renal function OKI, ANA positive 1:160.  
Am allergic to all antibiotics but 2 and most other medicatrions.  Have Crohns disease, osteoporosis (10.9% below fracture level) and do not think I could tolerate the drugs for WG.  Also 3rd ENT wants me to use Vaseline in nose and if I am a staph carrier with open wounds in nose wouldn't it hold in the germ and I would get infected.  Now I am switching between Bacitracin and saline gel although I think the gel is starting to irritate me. Bactroban burns badly.
Please dr. if you coold give me any advice??  Scared to go back to 3rd and really do like the 2nd better.
This appears to be a duplicate of your original post of 11/21.  Please be assured that your 11/21 post is in the cue to be answered by the Dr.  Because of the holiday it is taking a little longer than usual to catch up with the posts.  Thank you for your patience.