Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Allergy shots and nasal congestion
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Allergy shots and nasal congestion

I've been taking allergy shots for five months,   Allergy tests, in 2010 and in 2005, showed allergies to some molds, dust mites and ragweed, as well as cat dander and a few other things.  The tests showed moderate allergies, not severe ones, but I also have other nasal problems, due to anatomy and acid reflex, which are also being addressed.

My question concerns the fact that about the time that I started the allergy shots, in May,  I noticed that I was generating more mucus, and this has continued since.

I know it can take 6-12 months to benefit from the shots, but is it possible that the shots are worsening my symptoms in the meantime?  If so, should I just bear with it until the benefits hopefully click in?