Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Am I just paranoid?

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Am I just paranoid?

Two weeks ago I ended a two week steroid boost !  At the end of it I wasn't wheezing anymore but somehow I could still feel the tightness.  I'm taking 50/500 of seretide/ advair 2x a day plus montelukast and steroid nasal spray as maintenance.  I don't know if I'm just feeling paranoid!  But I feel like i'm still having mild attacks daily!  I take salbutamol for it but it doesn't improve the symptoms!  My peak flow is in the around 82% of my best.  I wheeze only on forced exhalation.  And I still feel the tightness.  I can't tell if I'm just being paranoid, paying too much attention to my body or is it possible that the asthma is still uncontrolled?  I don't feel as horrible as before but I think I'm also scared of having go through a severe attack again.  
Tags: paranoid, unsure of my asthma
Your concern about the symptom of chest tightness is warranted.  Sure, it could be either totally or partially on the basis of anxiety but it is equally likely that you continue to have obstruction to airflow, as also evidenced by the reduction in peak flow.  I suggest that you schedule an appointment to be examined by your doctor soon, as the “tightness” could well be a reflection of sub-optimally controlled asthma and a harbinger of another developing exacerbation.

Good luck