Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Asthma coursed by allergy

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Asthma coursed by allergy

Have never had any sign of allergy for 40 years, start from a month ago, I suddenly have a bad allergy, sneeze, running nose, cough, take Zyrtec
Now, works well, but if skip the pill for half day, all my allergy symptoms flared up, especially asthma, tightening in airway, what to do? Feels like an indoor allergy, tried everything for dust mite free, still same

How can I do the skin pick test need 7 days antihistamine free which will kill me first?

Thanks in advance
The sneezing and runny nose suggest nasal allergy (allergic rhinitis) that often responds well to Zyrtec or similar drugs.  That you should have the onset of these symptoms after 40 years of non-allergic symptoms could be a reflection of long time quiescent nasal allergy or exposure to a new allergen, not previously encountered until this spring.  It might be helpful for you (and your doctor) to take an inventory of all recent exposures, as the cause might become obvious.  That you would also have asthma symptoms suggest that your lungs may be responding to the same allergens.

My advice is that you contact your doctor for assessment of both the nasal and asthma symptoms and how you might achieve a modicum of control of both, without Zyrtec, long enough for you to have skin testing, should that be deemed appropriate.

Good luck