Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Asthma flare and allegy shots

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Asthma flare and allegy shots

I got started on allergy shots for pollen and dust mites last week. This week I have a sore throat and chest tightness(likely secondary to spring season, which I get every year). I have stepped up currently on my steroid inhalers which seems to prevent chest tightness from getting worse. My question is, should I continue allergy shots or wait till I recover? I don't seem to have any viral/bacterial infections or fevers.
Thanks.
While your symptoms are probably unrelated to the allergy shots, given the week between shots and symptoms, you should immediately notify your allergist or whichever doctor prescribed and is administering the shots.  He/she may want to modify the dose level of your shots or defer the shots for a week or two, on the assumption that your symptoms may indeed be a reflection of infection, rather than a response to spring allergens.
I am allergic to dust allergies too. I used to have frequent breathing problems, sneezing coughing. Allopathic medications did not work sometimes too. Hence I had to take steroid tablets twice. Once had an injection too to open up the airway.

Either it attacked the skin through red itchy patches or the breathing through cough/cold/sinus/bronchitis.

I was cured permanently through the following methods:
1) I took 2 1M doses of a homeopathic medicine forgot the name, will have to check the prescription something related to Sulphur. If you want I can tell you.
2) Practised yoga continuously for two years half an hour in the morning. It helped to increase overall immunity level.
3) During two winter seasons, I ran 4km in parks early morning. That helped too in improving lung power.

Both these suggestions of yoga and running during cold season was provided by the homeopathic doctor.

Ever since, I have had only one breathing problem last winter. Overall I am doing fine.
Thanks for your input, it is very useful to me. I would like to know the name of the homeopathic medicine and/or the doctor that you went to. I have recently started yoga including the breathing exercises. I know that I need to give it some time.
I am skeptical however of the running in the cold. I have cold induced asthma symptoms as well. I live in Dallas where temperatures can be in the 30s.... What are your thoughts about that?
A related discussion, Dust allergy was started.