Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Asthma inhaler

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Asthma inhaler

Can asthma get worse after you get off of a steroid inhaler?
Yes it can, often in less than a week or two.  You should contact your doctor now, without delay, for advice on how to proceed, based on the severity of your symptoms.  It would be wise to not delay.
I'm not a doctor but will speak regarding my experience.  I usually give up the steroid inhalers because they make me too hyper and anxious and my asthma has been the same.  Other things like allergens, stress, lack of sleep and other triggers can temporarily make it worse but for the most part it's ok without the steroid inhaler.  But I have noticed that cutting on dairy, lemon/lime, tomatos and nuts helps.