Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Asthma

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Asthma

Hi!
I'm 16 years old and I weight 143 lbs now and I'm trying to lose weight and get in shape but my asthma get in the way when ever I do sports or anything I can't do it more than 7 minutes I get shortness of breath and I can't move or walk in more i have to rest for 30 Minute to get to my normal self I've visited the doctor but he said he can't tell what the main reason of my asthma he just can't figure it out please if you have any advices can help please tell me thanks you so much in advance!
What you describe suggests that your asthma is poorly controlled and that really could seriously limit your exercise capacity.  It is desirable to know what’s causing your asthma to act-up so that that cause can be eliminated or avoided but it is not necessary to know “the cause” of your asthma to treat it with proper asthma medication to the point where your breathing can be returned to normal.

If there is anything in your environment to which you believe you might be allergic, you should try hard to avoid it but in the meantime you and your doctor need to determine what treatment will be required to control the asthma.  Asthma is a condition that can successfully be treated more than 95% of the time.  If medication is prescribed for your asthma you should be very faithful in taking it as directed every day.  If the treatment provided by your current doctor does not control your asthma, you and he/she should seek a second opinion from an asthma specialist.

Good luck with that and with your attempts to lose weight.