Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Candidiasis

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Candidiasis

I am GUESSING that I may have systemic candida based on a number of symptoms I developed after being on anitibiotics for the tooth infection and for a womb infection I got straight after which was also treated with antibiotics.

Having CFS symoptoms, tachycardia (since being on antibiotics) and vibration sensations in legs, feet & chest, spots in front of eyes, dilated pupils, discoloured (bluish) nails.

I suspected Candida - my tongue has been coated for 4 months, basically since the antibiotics. I had burning tongue and itchy throat for a while too. I am now getting wind/burping, lost weight - over 1 stone. I DO have fungal toenail infection, fungal skin infection on my foot also. I had vag thrush which comes and goes, my bottom can itch after I have visited the bathroom.
I rang my GP after someone on a forum said "Get to a GP fast if you think it's systemic candida." My GP went mad at me and insisted my problems are postnatal depression & I need treatment for that!

Therefore, I have put myself on an Anti-Candida diet!
My questions are:
1 - How successful is an anti-candida diet at eliminating candida? (Cutting out ALL sugars and yeasts).
2 - Doesn't someone have to have fungal infection for years before it becomes systemic? (I have had these worsening symptoms since taking antibiotics 4 months ago).
3 - Would Candida cause tachycardia? I have had a chest x ray and I was told that my circulatory system on the x ray, heart and lungs looked clear!
I have to say that my symptoms lead to candidia as well and like you I had a baby about 10 months ago via c-section. I have never been right since my symptoms are major water retention, extreme bloating, tightness in chest on rainy days, sore knees, tired all the time and I feel like I just can't eat a thing with out it affecting me in some way and extreme sugar cravingI am a very tiny person and never really enjoyed sweets before but I just could"t stop my brother's best friend is a homeopathic dr and told me to do a saliva test in the morning and see if there are any jelly fish like legs floating down off the spit(grose I know) Well there was!!!!! he told me tell the dr my finding and symptoms because it did sound like overgrowth of interstinal yeast due to antibiotic, hormone during pregnancy, and now being on birth control pill as well as stress of new baby, made sense to me. Well  I told my dr and she flipped saying any real dr with laugh at those test and quickly tried to put me in my place by saying you have post partum depression and IBS. I asked if she could do a stool sample and blood test to see if there was a remote possiblity and she laughed at me and said I was making more of it than needs be if I was bloated and tired taka a number who isn't. Man I felt crushed because that was the firt time I had seen her for anything major and she treated me like that . I have had digestive problems on and off for a little while but all of my symptoms lead to candidia or gluten problems. She quickly dismissed that as well saying If I had any allergies to food I wouldn' be able to get out of bed with stomach cramps and looses bowel movements constantly.

I do understand that the medical field may not go by the findings of a simple spit test but I am having a really hard time finding anyone that will even remotely consider the fact that there could be an intestinal yeast overgrowth. I left in tears just thinking I am nuts..... I booked an appointment for an allergist and hopes that they can mabie check somehow!!!!! I know how you feel and am sorry you are going through it as well.
Thanks for your message, it is nice to not be alone with it.

I have put myself on the anti candida diet, however, I did not get your symptoms, I have not had any bloating, my bowel movements were fine, but I have had other problems.  I do have fungal infection all over the bottom of my feet and am treating it with clotrimazole cream though it seems to have got worse.

I also have itching "down below" and itching after visiting the bathroom for a number two.  I also now have itchy blisters on the top of my toe.  Itchy rash on my legs which is very red and pimply.  I have a little bit of athletes foot between the toes.  The tongue coating disappeared after eating grapefruit.

But I itch like mad!  Plus have this arrythmia now, and circulation problems and joint and muscle pains.  

My veins pop up so big now, I look like a body builder flexing but I'm skinny!  

I can't even exert myself anymore, walking the stairs gives me palps and fast heart rate, as does walking.  I am confined to my house and my doctor has almost banned me from the surgery for pestering more than one GP in the practice for help!

I have not done the spit test but will try it.  I'm scared that it has got into my bloodstream!  I have been like this since late Feb while I was on antibiotics, the tachy started while I was on antibiotics in April for suspected strep throat - my throat was red but not sore.  By the time I finished the course the results came back all clear.

Go to a good herbal shop.  There are several things you can take to elimate yeast/candida.  Pau d'arco is one, but not the only  one.  There is a whole treatment plan in a good herbal shop.  It will have several herbs in one pill.  I'm an herbalist - -that's how I know about it. I use to have a Herb shop.  Vinegar is a good fungus killer.  Also, tea tree is good for fungus (but stinks like awful)(outside application only) There is also a good grapefruit extract that is good for taking that helps.
GNC & places like that won't be able to help you decide what to get.  You'll need to go to a private owned herb shop.  Research some on line yourself so you won't feel so confused about what to try.
Sugar does feed candida, also bread, etc... Sounds like you're so overgrown, you need some help though, not just food elmination by itself.
A related discussion, Candida help was started.