Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Chronic Hives - Better when I sleep and/or when I drink alcohol

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

I am 25/female and was diagonosed about 3months ago for chronic "autoimmune" hives by an allergist.  I did not do the "autoimmune" test but did got a thyroid and sugar level test.  1.5yrs ago i went on vacation to korea and broke out with BAD hives on top of my hands (couldn't even see my knuckles), knees, some on eyelids, elbow, basically where my skin was thin).  Since then I get them periodcially without pattern where my skin is thin but they would go away when I go to sleep and return when i wake up.
Three months ago i got them every day so i was put on zyrtec. As soon as i took zyrtec, I got them bad every day and was put on 10mg prednisone.  I got my wisdom tooth pulled a month ago and put on antiobiotics.  My hives improved 1000% since then but i still have them and still on 5mg of prednisone. Do you think I have a underlying bacterial issue?  My hives also get better when I drink alcohol.  Sounds weird but it is true. Once in awhile my face flushes but they're not the chronic hives that been getting.  I talked to my doctor about some of my findings and he says not to surf on the internet and that my hives are autoimmune. He says my immune system is so good that it's "broken". Does that even make sense? Should I find a doctor that is a little more open minded? he says there is no link between infections and hives. Is that true?  
A related discussion, CAN THYROID PROBLEMS CAUSE HIVES was started.